Friday, June 5, 2009

Chocolate mice!



We had a mouse in the house yesterday, which I had to take away from my cat and let go, even though my husband assures me it will be back! When I told my friends at the gym about it, two of them immediately started telling me about how to make chocolate mice. It sounds like a great food project for kids of all ages, so here are the basics:

Chocolate Mice

Maraschino cherries, with stems on
Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
Chocolate, melted
Slivered almonds
Tube of red cake decorating gel

Dip the cherries into the melted chocolate, or brush it on them if you prefer. Stick the kiss to the non-stem end of the cherry. Stick two slivers of almonds to the back of the kiss for ears, and squeeze out drops of gel for the eyes. Set them on top of oreo cookies to serve if desired. :-)

Image: FreeFoto

No comments: