Friday, February 26, 2010

Our favorite Indian recipes


Let's start with a look at Indian spices and how they're used, and then move on to our all-time favorite dishes.  Some of these I've had to simplify since I don't always have access to all of the ingredients (or time) that I might like.  And I also don't own a tandoor!

You'll be able to find this list linked in the sidebar, and I'll be adding to it from time to time.  Hope your family grows to love Indian food as much as we do!

Dahl

Black eyed peas dahl

Red lentil curry

Tandoori chicken without the tandoor

Naan


Rogan josh


Chicken tikka


Mint chutney


Lamb and lentil stew


Diwali rice pudding


Ceylonese sauce for vegetables and rice


Punjabi masalah lamb


Curried carrot soup


Spicy chickpeas


Vegetable vindaloo


Pineapple chutney


Sweet potato soup


Korma sauce

Cherry tomato chutney

No comments: