Friday, July 9, 2010

Grilled chicken...slow!


The other day, I shared with you my favorite tips for speeding up the grilling process with chicken.  But I also cautioned that there is really no substitute for slow-grilled mouth watering whole pieces of bone-in chicken.  So today I want to share my favorite marinades and sauces with you for when you have a nice lazy hazy crazy day of summer ahead of you!  Don't forget about the marinades and sauces that were listed with the fast cooked chicken too...those work for slow cooking as well.

You already know these two rules, right?
* Marinate in oils, lemon juice, vinegar, etc ahead of time
* Only add sauces containing sugar, like barbecue sauce, molasses, honey, etc for the last few minutes

Chipotle-orange barbecue sauce

Pineapple-macadamia nut sauce


Chipotle marinade and barbecue sauce (shown above)

Pineapple salsa

Red grilled chicken

Jack Daniels' barbecue sauce

No comments: