Friday, January 21, 2011

Caraway and lemon Brussels sprouts


Of all the different ways we love Brussels sprouts (stir fried, roasted, steamed, grilled), this might just be the best.  I know, I'm very fickle when it comes to Brussels sprouts...basically I think the best ones are the ones I just had last night!  But in this case, I just might be able to be loyal.

Caraway and Lemon Brussels Sprouts

Butter
Onion, quartered and sliced thin
3/4 t caraway seeds
1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced thin
Water
Salt and pepper
1 T lemon juice

Cook the onion and caraway seeds in butter in a nonstick skillet until onions are soft.  Add the sprouts and a few tablespoons of water and cook, stirring until sprouts are tender, about 8 minutes.  Add a little water at a time if needed to keep them steaming.  Season with salt and pepper.  Remove from the heat and sprinkle with lemon juice.

No comments: