Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bok choy soup


I had some leftover sausage that I used in this stew, but if you'd like to make it a vegetarian delight, just leave out the sausage and switch to vegetable stock.  My amounts aren't exact since I sort of made it up as I went along.

Bok Choy Soup

Olive oil
Onion, chopped
Garlic, chopped
Sausage
Flour
White wine
Chicken or vegetable stock
Large can of crushed or diced tomatoes
Bok choy, chopped
Fresh thyme
Lemon juice

Cook the onion, garlic, and sausage in the olive oil in a Dutch oven until browned.  Sprinkle a small amount of flour over the meat and stir well.  Add the wine and scrape up all the brown bits.  Add the stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil.  Add the bok choy and lower to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.  Garnish with fresh thyme and lemon juice.

No comments: