Monday, July 12, 2010

Do you use a steamer?


I never wanted one of these.  But then my parents downsized and sent one to me.  Now I'm not sure how I lived through a summer without one!

Between my grill, microwave, and steamer, I believe that my kitchen will stay much cooler this summer.  During the fall and winter, when I'm cozied up making stews and stir fries, I don't care at all about copious amounts of steam rising into the air; in fact, I love it.  But I was amazed by just how little steam arises from this Black & Decker steam cooker. 

Here's what I made from the rice:



Doing rice is different from doing other foods, so I'll be experimenting a bit in the next few days.

3 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Now I see what you're talking about with the Black and Decker steamer. Somehow I missed this post

You made sushi rolls? I'm impressed!

Dionne Baldwin said...

You know, I have never had nor used one of these but something is telling me I need one of these...I have a huge bag of sticky rice that needs steaming.

Cyndi L said...

I never thought I needed one either, Dionne, and now I am happily hooked!