Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pineapple sorbet


Ok, here's another exception to my "avoid canned fruits and vegetables" rule. I learned to make Ridiculously Easy Pineapple Sorbet from Susan V at Fat Free Vegan Kitchen. I know it's a really old recipe, if you can even call it a recipe, but I had seriously never known about it before. Susan has a great way of explaining the process, plus she comes up with lots of fun variations you can try too, so I recommend giving her a visit.

But here's what you really need to know.

Pineapple Sorbet

1 can of pineapple in juice
1 shallow Tupperware freezer container
1 food processor

Pour the pineapple and its juice into the freezer container. Freeze for at least 3 hours. Let it sit out for a few minutes to soften and chop it into large pieces with a big knife. Process until smooth, scraping the chunks down from time to time. It will take awhile to reach the right consistency. Serve immediately.

Refreeze and reprocess any leftovers.

No comments: