Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Shrimp salad with tarragon and parsley sauce


A creamy and delicious sauce that can be made ahead of time! I like this best either cold or at room temperature rather than warm, so I pre-cook the pasta and mix it with the sauce, and keep it in the fridge for the day. When it’s dinnertime, I spread out some mixed greens on the plate, mix the shrimp into the pasta, and serve it up!

It’s a very refreshing and light dish for hot days, and would also make an excellent side dish in smaller portions for a fancier meal. I added Italian herb bread that I made over the weekend, and the meal was all set!

Shrimp Salad with Tarragon & Parsley Sauce

1 lb pasta (I used rotini)
1 lb cooked jumbo shrimp

1/2 c sour cream (low fat is fine)
1/2 c low fat yogurt
1/2 c flat leaf parsley, chopped
2-3 T tarragon, chopped
2 T capers
1 T lime juice
1 T olive oil
Salt and pepper

Cook up the pasta. Mix sour cream through olive oil together in a large bowl. Add the drained, cooled pasta and the pre-cooked shrimp. Serve on a bed of greens with some good crusty bread.

Image: Wikimedia Commons

No comments: