Monday, March 12, 2012

Thai Thai Restaurant



Oh, so worth the trip!  After we spent all day hiking in Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island of Hawaii, we were beyond famished.  But we were also grubby, smelly, and in my case, sunburned.  Oh, and not very well dressed either.

We were immediately ushered in and made to feel very welcome at the Thai Thai Restaurant in spite of all of that!  We had no idea what a treat we had in store...

Let me start by saying that Hawaii has the world's best produce, and one of the world's most uninteresting cuisines that I've ever experienced.  It's strange: here you have all these amazing fresh fruits and vegetables that grow year round, and for the most part they are simply whacked open and served as is.  Don't get me wrong...this is how I eat during the day anyway, everyday.  But for dinner I want something that takes some care and includes some seasoning.  The Thai Thai has it down pat!  The freshest organic ingredients you'd ever want to see, beautifully prepared and just plain delicious.

You can choose your level of hotness: mild, medium, hot, and Thai hot.  I wanted hot, but kept vacillating between hot and medium.  Well, no problem, I was told.  We'll make it medium-hot for you!  How was it?  Perfect.


We shared summer rolls (shown above) which were out of this world, and I ordered the seasonal mixed vegetable stir fry with tofu.  Perfect.  Just perfect. 


No comments: