Monday, April 23, 2012

Citrus-Miso dressing for tofu, tempeh, fish, or roasted vegetables



I've gotten into tempeh lately.  It has a more interesting mouth-feel to me than plain tofu, and Mike likes it better too.  Recently I crumbled up a package of it and marinated it in a citrus-miso dressing that we came across while in Hawai'i.  I don't know that my mix is exactly the same as the one we had there, but we like it!  It has a nice light flavor that can be used as either a marinade or a dressing for any lightly-flavored protein or vegetables.  

Citrus-Miso dressing for tofu, tempeh, fish, or roasted vegetables

2 T yellow miso
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T fresh orange juice
1 T vegetable oil
1 t sherry vinegar
1/2 c fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Salt

In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients, adding salt to taste.  Use as a marinade or dressing.  After soaking tofu or tempeh, they can be drained and stir fried, reserving the dressing for serving.

No comments: