Monday, February 18, 2013

Pecan-crusted whitefish



Along with my obsession butternut squash has come an equal obsession with all things healthy.  I love having the chance to shake off the winter pounds before spring has fully arrived.  No last-minute marathon sessions at the gym for me.  Well, I do go every day, but I no longer marathon!

Hannaford's Fresh magazine had a great recipe for Butternut Squash with Rosemary, and they suggested pairing it with this great pecan crusted fish.  While they called for tilapia, I chose a slightly thicker fillet.  You can chose whatever you'd like...this would also be good with salmon, I bet. 

Pecan-Crusted Whitefish
 1/2 c pecans, finely chopped
1/2 c panko
1/2 t paprika
Black pepper
2 egg whites
Canola oil
4 whitefish portions, each about 6 oz

Get two shallow dishes.  In one, mix the pecans through the pepper.  In the other, lightly beat the egg whites.  Dip each fish portion into the egg and then press both sides into the pecan mixture.  Cook in a bit of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. 

No comments: