Friday, April 19, 2013

Whiskey chocolate peanut fudge


I found this recipe years ago, and when I went back to visit the original source, it was gone.  But fortunately, I had jotted down the ingredients and was able to find my scratchings on a napkin.  See?  Hoarding isn't always a bad thing!

Whiskey Chocolate Peanut Fudge

6 T whiskey
1 1/4 c powdered sugar
1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 c dry roasted peanuts

Prepare an 8x8 glass pan with cooking spray and parchment paper.  Melt the chips on medium power in the microwave, stirring after each minute for a total of 3 minutes.  Your mileage may vary in your microwave.  Chop the peanuts coarsely and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the whiskey and sugar.  Add the peanuts and chocolate and stir well. Pour into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula through another piece of parchment paper.  Place in fridge for a few hours.  Remove fudge from the pan, cut and scarf down.

5 comments:

mangiawithmario said...

Hi Cyndi. Your fudge in one word; "Yum!". I used to work as non-sworn for law enforcement so I know the challenges if public safety. Great job to the Boston and surrounding area law enforcement. And. My wide and I had a chance to go to Italy in 2011. That was time travel. The margherita pizza, the beer and the pasta were extradonaire. Ciao!

ACreativeDreamer said...

Cyndi... the only thing I would suggest is that you use pecans... and a good bourbon. You'd be right here in Kentucky at Derby time with those ingredients (would remind you of our famous Derby Pie, which I have a killer recipe for if you'd ever like it)!

Cherie said...

Did you really have it on a napkin? You crack me up! This looks like an easy recipe. I'd never have thought of putting booze in fudge. LOL

Cyndi L said...

On a napkin? Yup. It was pretty :-)

Sherri said...

Sound delicious and I just might try it if I can sneak some of my hubby's whiskey away from him!