Friday, January 16, 2009

Prosciutto-wrapped fish


On a rainy Saturday afternoon, I watched Ellie Kreiger’s show on the FoodNetwork. Ellie is a lot of fun to watch, and I love her attitude towards healthy and delicious eating. Of all the meals she demonstrated that day, the one that grabbed me most was whitefish wrapped in prosciutto, which she cooked on an indoor grill. Since I don’t have a grill top except on my outdoor grill, I decided that this could certainly be done in a skillet almost as well. It worked just fine!

We had the fish with some focaccia bread and a salad topped with bruschetta dressing.

Prosciutto-wrapped Fish

1 lb whitefish fillets (I used tilapia)
4 thin slices of prosciutto (as many as you have fillets)
Olive oil

Wrap each fillet in a slice of prosciutto. Heat your cast iron skillet with a little olive oil, and cook the wrapped fish on both sides for a few minutes each. Place into 400 degree oven and bake for 25 minutes.

No comments: