Friday, March 18, 2011

Mushroom strata


I posted a recipe for my favorite Spinach Strata quite awhile ago, but I recently ran across a new blend that I think I might like even more.  This one is lighter on the cheese and heavier on the eggs, so it really depends upon your taste.  Maybe, like me, you'll love them both :-)


Check out the Country Breakfast Strata on the Hannaford website.  I made a half-sized version of it, and it came out just fine...when everyone's at home next time, I'll make this honking big version for them!  make sure you cook the mushrooms long enough for them to give up most of their liquid, otherwise it takes extra time for the strata to firm up properly.  

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Mmmm! That looks yummy! Have to make a half version here, since the boys don't care for mushies.

Cyndi L said...

I'm sure you could substitute something else for the ick stuff, Shirley :-)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Yummy, yum, yum. My hubby and I both love mushrooms. Thanks for the link.