Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Worth a trip: Hopewell Valley Bistro & Inn


On a recent trip to visit my Mother's family in Princeton NJ, we took a side trip to the Hopewell Valley Bistro & Inn.  Hopewell is just a hop and a skip from Princeton, and it also happens to be the home of The Tomato Factory where my cousin is an antiques dealer.  Food and antiques...doesn't get much better!

And the food doesn't get much better than that served at the Bistro.  Proprietor Susie Molnar wants you to save room for dessert (all homemade), but she doesn't make it easy!  I ordered flounder stuffed with crab, and most of our company ordered something with seafood.  All were delcious.  Mike ordered a Hungarian platter, a special for the evening that introduced him to several of the Bistro's regular features.  He was glad he took a chance!  Now he's decided that I need to start learning authentic Hungarian cooking...I wonder if the Bistro could help me out!

I'm sure that everyone for miles around already knows about the Hopewell Valley Bistro & Inn, but if you are outside the immediate area, it is well worth the trip!  Delightful proprietor, sweet and attentive servers, and amazing food...you need to go there!

No comments: