Monday, February 28, 2011

Brussels sprouts with thyme


Fresh thyme, please, if you can possibly find it!  It's so much less bitter than dried thyme, which is still better than nothing.  Just in case I haven't already convinced you to try Brussels sprouts, here's another enticement:

Brussels Sprouts with Thyme

Olive oil or bacon grease
Large shallot, chopped
1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
1 c broth, chicken or vegetarian
2 t fresh thyme or 1/2 t dried
Salt and pepper

In a large covered skillet, heat the oil or grease and cook the shallots and sprouts over medium heat, stirring until they start to brown.  Add the broth and seasonings and bring to a quick boil.  Reduce the heat and cover, simmering for about 15 minutes.

4 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

I love thyme and Brussels sprouts, so will have to try the pairing soon.

Cyndi L said...

I'm starting to wonder if I need to rename this blog "All Brussels Sprouts All the Thyme"... boo hiss ;-)

Aroma y Cocina said...

I love brussels sprouts. Never ate like this I am sure I will enjoy.
Thanks.

Cyndi L said...

Thanks for stopping by...I hope you *do* enjoy them :-)