Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cornish game hens


Cornish game hens average around 1-3/4 lbs each, which make them a lot faster to cook than a full-sized chicken or turkey!



Cornish Game Hens

Hen
Clove of garlic
Rosemary, sage, or thyme
Lemon wedge
Onion
Salt and pepper

Stuff the hen with the garlic through the onion. Sprinkle the skin with salt and pepper and roast until the internal flesh temperature is 165 degrees and the juices run clear. For an average sized bird, that means approximately 35 to 40 minutes at 400.

6 comments:

Rich said...

Those look great! I love the idea of getting a whole bird to myself ...

Cyndi L said...

It *seems* so decadent when it really isn't at all ;-) Even though I couldn't quite finish a whole bird, I loved being able to pick from all the different parts...and the leftovers were gone pretty quickly!

blackbookkitchendiaries said...

this is beautiful..i know my husband would love this.

Cyndi L said...

Soooo easy too!

Anonymous said...

I love cornish hens.... mmm that remonds me, maybe for New Years. Delishious pics!

Cyndi L said...

I'm toying between these and lamb for New Years :-)