Friday, June 3, 2011

Thin pizza dough


We like all different types of dough for our pizza, but our favorite is probably a thin crust.  The problem?  Some of them get soggy, and many are limp.  Yuck. 

So here's a recipe for a wonderful thin dough that has the best consistency I've ever experienced.  You can even toss this stuff if you know how.  Mostly I stick to rolling it out ;-)  I got the recipe from my friend Barbara, but I don't remember what she said the source was...if you recognize it, please let me know so I can give proper credit! 

I used a peel and a pizza stone to cook this one.  Sometimes we do it on the grill!

Thin Pizza Dough

2 1/4 t yeast
1 3/4 c flour plus extra if needed
3/4 c water, warm
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t olive oil

Stir together the yeast, 1 T of the flour, 1/4 c of the water, and let them stand for 5 minutes.  Stir together 1 1/4 c flour and the salt, and add the yeast mixture, oil, and 1/2 c water.  Knead.  Cover and let rise 1 hour.  Don't punch down; just sprinkle with flour and shape to a 14 inch circle.

No comments: