Monday, June 6, 2011

Chocolate pizza


I originally saw a recipe for chocolate pizza at Epicurious, and I was stunned.  Stunned and kind of mad that I hadn't thought of it first!  After making it and sharing it with my friends, I ended up altering the recipe a bit.  Still, credit where credit is due...I'd never have tried it if I hadn't seen it there first!

Chocolate Pizza

Thin crust pizza dough, 1/2 recipe
1/4 c Nutella hazelnut spread
1/2 c dark chocolate chips
1/4 c white chocolate chips
1/4 c hazelnuts, toasted and chopped

Roll dough out into thin round on parchment paper.  Slide it onto a pizza stone in a 400 oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until barely golden.  Remove from oven and spread with Nutella.  Sprinkle on dark chocolate chips and return to oven for a minute.  Remove again and spread out the dark chocolate.  Sprinkle with white chips and with toasted nuts.  Cut into wedges to serve.

No comments: